Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's Over Now

Man, I am glad it's over. Not really it wasn't that bad. On the first day of class when Mrs. Quinn stated, “that this class would consist of blogging instead of being a traditional style English class” I was seriously thinking about dropping the class. I was already apprehensive about taking English for the semester anyway so when she said blogging, I was sure I didn't want to be in the class. I had seen blogging before on political topics, but didn't particularly care for everyone stating their opinion on the article that was written. It seemed like most of the blogger comments seem to take pop shots and each other comments which would then turn into a blog argument instead of concentrating on the article. That's what I thought blogging was, but boy was I wrong. Blogging as I see it now gives every individual the opportunity to share their thoughts on matters near and dear to their heart. Blogging has allowed me to follow experts in the career field I plan on going into after I retire from the military. There are also many good sports blogs that I have found since this English class started. I will continue to follow a few of the blogs, of the people in my community and maybe one day I will create another blog.
Lastly, I have enjoyed creating and posting my thoughts on this blog, but this will be my last post. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my post and special thanks to anyone who took the time to post a comment.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great post, and I think you have great potential to continue as a strong academic writer in the postsecondary education community!

    ReplyDelete