Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blog Introduction

This blog will show an introduction to the history of the American education system. Have you ever wondered what schooling was like in the American colonies? Who during those years were offered or allowed the opportunity to go to school? I’m going to introduce the topic of American education by considering ways, in which education has been intertwined to economical and social change. There are many pros and cons with our American education system in which I plan to identify. One argument I want to highlight is the major battle in the world of education between public versus private education. This topic will be discussed at length I will present each side of the argument without taking one side or the other. A few more topics that will be discussed in the upcoming weeks---- that I hope will keep you interested in my blog are as follows: ways the American education changed after the wars we were engaged in; the major philosophies of education; why our children are dropping out of school at alarming rates; the pros and cons with No Child Left Behind; and the importance of placing children with special needs in the general or regular classrooms. I hope after the completion of this course you will understand the many changes our education system has gone through and some of the potential problems our educational system face.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to read more of your posts. Im a young mother and I need more knowledge about the school system and the education that is provided.My son is still young but its better to prepare now.

    ReplyDelete